XML in Libraries

Larry Schankman lschankm at mnsfld.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:01:43 EST 2002

Greetings,

Thanks for all of the great ideas that I've seen in the last several
days...keep 'em coming!

p.s. as I alluded to earlier, I'm eager to start play with the new linking
features, especially embedding web pages within web pages. Where I see this
helping instruction is embedding an OPAC or database search within a
tutorial. In the past, librarians often used frames for this side-by-side
effect, usually with bad results. I'd love to say "ok, look at the interface
below, this is how you use it...now you try typing xxxx here [arrow pointing
to search dialogue and search button]."

Cheers,

Larry Schankman
Remote Services Librarian