[XML4LIB] Other XML projects

Andrew Ashton aa2181 at csc.albany.edu
Tue Mar 19 10:47:25 EST 2002

on 3/19/02 9:35 AM, H.M. Gladney at hgladney at pacbell.net wrote:

> Ref: "I hope this helps."
>
> Thank you for trying.  Howewer, your response (attached) doesn't really
> help, because it focuses on stating the challenge (which "everyone" knows),
> whereas my question was directed at what the SDSC project taught that was
> new about solutions (i.e., "what was the answer", not "what was the
> question").
>
> HMG

Sorry it wasn't more useful.  The implementation of a comprehensive set of
software tools for collection-level archival management is an attempt at a
solution.  As for novelty, I don't know of any commercial software packages
that address precisely the same issues.

Otherwise, I'll let the SDSC publications speak for themselves since I am
not affiliated with their project.   Good luck.

Andrew