LC marcxml

Fernando Gómez fgomez at criba.edu.ar
Thu Sep 19 12:17:52 EDT 2002

Hello,

I wonder if someone out there has been working with the XSLs published by
the Library of Congress at

http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/

It would be interesting for me to exchange experiences with others who are
also testing these tools.

A particular point that is still not clear to me, is the report generated by
the validation stylesheet. When you apply genvalidate.xsl to the sample
record (sandburg.xml), you get the following xml output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<validationReport xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:marc="http://www.loc.gov/MARC21/slim">
  <error type="InvalidSubfieldCode" tagID="IDAMCQW">
<code>a</code>
</error>
</validationReport>

This doesn't seem to be very helpful, or is it just that I am missing
something here?

Regards,

Fernando Gómez

Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro