[XML4LIB] Can XSLT be made to work with web forms

Binkley, Peter Peter.Binkley at ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 12 11:45:42 EST 2004

Cocoon does this nicely: at the simplest level, if you use the "request"
generator, you get XML that contains the parameters from the form in a
format like this:

  <requestParameters>
    <parameter name="widget">
      <value>1234</value>
    </parameter>
  </requestParameters>

There are also more complex form-handling routines to handle validation, or
complicated transactions that have be extended over a series of forms.

See

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/request-generator.html

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxforms.html

All the best,

Peter

Peter Binkley
Digital Initiatives Technology Librarian
Information Technology Services
4-30 Cameron Library
University of Alberta Libraries
Edmonton, Alberta