[XML4Lib] performing XSLT transformations with a browser

John Fitzgibbon jfitzgibbon at Galwaylibrary.ie
Wed Jan 18 07:47:47 EST 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to place my XML and XSLT files on a web server and have
both files delivered to the browser by HTTPD when the XML file is
requested so that an event like clicking on a button or link in the XML
file would have the effect of passing a parameter to the XSLT file which
would cause the XML file to be transformed differently.

For example, is it possible to change the sort order of a table by
clicking on a column heading to pass a parameter to the XSLT file which
then transforms the XML file so that the sort order is changed?

Are there any websites which describe how this can be done?

I only have access to a virtual host on an ISP's web server so it will
not be possible for me to install executables on the server.

Also, if XSLT works in this way (similar to JavaScript) it would mean
that pages are displayed more quickly because the pages are not being
downloaded from a web server each time.

Any ideas would be much appreciated?

Regards
John

John Fitzgibbon

Galway Public Library
Island House
Cathedral Square
Galway
Ireland

p: 00 353 91 562471
f: 00 353 91 565039
w: http://www.galwaylibrary.ie

Tá eolas atá príobháideach agus rúnda sa ríomhphost seo
agus aon iatán a ghabhann leis agus is leis an duine/na daoine
sin amháin a bhfuil siad seolta chucu a bhaineann siad.
Mura seolaí thú, níl tú údaraithe an ríomhphost nó aon iatán
a ghabhann leis a léamh, a chóipáil ná a úsáid.
Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad,
cuir an seoltóir ar an eolas thrí aischur ríomhphoist
agus scrios ansin é le do thoil.

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is
private and confidential and is intended for the addressee
only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised
to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.