[XML4Lib] Re: seeking good XML and XSLT editor

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:29:17 EST 2006

>I'm not sure, but I think we've been here, and selecting an editor is
always a "religious" experience.

Yes sure, I was asking this question a month and a half ago. I was seeking
for a good and easy to use (for my librarian colleagues) xml editor. I tried
about eleven xml editor and seem to get along very good with XMLpad (
http://www.wmhelp.com/xmlpad22.htm) -Thanks to Craig A. Summerhill. It is a
very cool editor for DTD or XML document : you put your DTD in it and It
generate the XML document. You have a tree view of your document and It
validate your document against your DTD. You can use some XSLT stylesheets
to see your document. This is what I was searching for, but you have to try
some editors before you make your decision.
For the edition of XSLT stylesheets, I use Notepad ++ (
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/about.php).

Pierre Nault
Bibliothécaire de référence
Bibliothèque centrale de l'UQAM