[XML4Lib] notetab problems since installing oXygen

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Dec 5 12:28:48 EST 2007

Yesterday I installed <oXygen/> XML editor on a windows xp machine that
already had notetab lite installed for a staff member here. Now notetab will
no longer open XML files in Internet Explorer from the browser view button,
and won't even open Internet Explorer at all if set as default browser or
alternate browser.  Notetab will open Firefox but only with a blank page now,
not the xml file being edited.  IE opens fine on its own from a desktop
shortcut.

  When I started on trying to fix this the default browser view opened the xml
file in <oXygen/> even though the default browser path in the options showed
it going to iexplore.exe.  I reset .xml extension to be associated with IE
instead of <oXygen/> and went into the preferences on <oXygen/> and unchecked
Document Type Association for all xhtml and xml.  Even rebooted the machine.
None of this fixed the problem.

This person still starts xml files in notetab because of an EAD clipbook that
helps automate the process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas

PS: is there a way to import notetab clipbooks into <oXygen/>?

--
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/